How to Become a Legally Ordained Minister in Alaska:
With the American Fellowship Church the process of becoming an ordained minister / wedding officiant in Alaska is very simple, just read below and follow the instructions.
(a) Marriages may be solemnized
(1) by a minister, priest, or rabbi of any church or congregation in the state, or by a commissioned officer of the Salvation Army, or by the principal officer or elder of recognized churches or congregations that traditionally do not have regular ministers, priests, or rabbis, anywhere within the state;
1. By becoming an ordained minister with the American Fellowship Church you are a "Licensed Minister".
2. In order to remain in good standing with the American Fellowship Church you must also be in regular communion.
3. In order to become ordained in Alaska with us you will need to order an ID Card (minister license). We offer ordination for three different terms:
4. Finally to qualify for ordination with the American Fellowship Church in the state of Alaska you must agree to the Certification, and our Code of Ethics.
While training is not required in order to become ordained with the American Fellowship Church, we do urge our members to learn more about being an ordained minister, therefore we offer a number of online courses that are self paced and written in plain English. If you are interested in training please see "Online Minister Training"
*The information provided on this page is for guidance only it is NOT legal advice.
It is critically important that you verify all information with your local marriage license office / county clerk before conducting a wedding ceremony. It is your responsibility to operate within the bounds of the law.