How to Become a Legally Ordained Minister in Arkansas:
With the American Fellowship Church the process of becoming an ordained minister / wedding officiant in Arkansas is very simple, just read below and follow the instructions.
9-11-213. Persons who may solemnize marriages.
(5) Any regularly ordained minister or priest of any religious sect or denomination;
9-11-214. Recordation of credentials of clerical character.
(a) No minister of the gospel or priest of any religious sect or denomination shall be authorized to solemnize the rites of matrimony in this state until the minister or priest has caused to be recorded his or her license or credentials of his or her clerical character in the office of the county clerk of some county in this state. The minister or priest must also have obtained from the clerk a certificate, under his or her hand and seal, that the credentials are duly recorded in his or her office.
1. By becoming an ordained minister with the American Fellowship Church you are a "licensed / ordained minister who is authorized by a religious denomination", in accord with our rules and customs we authorize you (once ordained & in good standing with our church) to solemnize marriages and/or officiate marriage ceremonies.
2. Ministers must have their ordination credential filed by a county clerk who will then issue a certificate to the minister. **It is very important that you do this step otherwise you will be in violation of the law in you perform a wedding!
3. In order to remain in good standing with the American Fellowship Church you must also be in "regular communion".
Our definition of regular communion; You must contact us at least 1 time per year, and if any of your contact information should change (your name, physical address, or email) you must notify us within two weeks of the change.
4. In order to become ordained with us in Arkansas you will need to order an ID Card (minister license). We offer ordination for three different terms:
4. Finally to qualify for ordination with the American Fellowship Church in the state of Arkansas you must agree to the Certification, and our Code of Ethics.
While training is not required in order to become ordained with the American Fellowship Church, we do urge our members to learn more about being an ordained minister, therefore we offer a number of online courses that are self paced and written in plain English. If you are interested in training please see "Online Minister Training"
*The information provided on this page is for guidance only it is NOT legal advice.
We currently have many ordained ministers in the state of Arkansas.
It is critically important that you verify all information with your local marriage license office / county clerk before conducting a wedding ceremony. It is your responsibility to operate within the bounds of the law.