How to Become a Legally Ordained Minister in Hawaii:
With the American Fellowship Church the process of becoming an ordained minister / wedding officiant in Hawaii is very simple, just read below and follow the instructions.
**UPDATE 8/1/2012 -
It has come to our attention that Hawaii has changed the procedure for registering as a minister in order to solemnize marriage. It appears that you may (once ordained) register via the Hawaii Health Department website for a $10 fee. Unless you have had your authorization to solemnize suspended in the past go ahead and proceed as described below.
Ministers may perform marriages if they are authorized by their church to do so. Ministers must obtain a license from the department of health before performing marriages.
Hawaii Performer Guidelines
Once you have requested your minister license / Ordination and ID card, and have been approved by us, further having received your Ordination paperwork from the American Fellowship Church then follow the instructions below.
1. By becoming an ordained minister with the American Fellowship Church you are a "licensed / ordained minister who is authorized by a religious denomination", in accord with our rules and customs we authorize you (once ordained & in good standing with our church) to solemnize marriages and/or officiate at marriage ceremonies.
2. In order to remain in good standing with the American Fellowship Church you must hold an unexpired minster license ID card, and be in "regular communion."
3. In order to become ordained you will need to order an ID Card (minister license). We offer ordination for three different terms:
4. To qualify for ordination with the American Fellowship Church in the state of Hawaii you must agree to the Certification, and our Code of Ethics.
5. After you have received your Minister License from the American Fellowship Church follow the instructions here to register in the State of Hawaii to perform weddings:
American Fellowship Church
While training is not required in order to become ordained with the American Fellowship Church, we do urge our members to learn more about being an ordained minister, therefore we offer a number of online courses that are self paced and written in plain English. If you are interested in training please see "Online Minister Training"
*The information provided on this page is for guidance only it is NOT legal advice.
It is critically important that you verify all information with your local marriage license office / county clerk before conducting a wedding ceremony. It is your responsibility to operate within the bounds of the law.