Loading... Please wait...

Our Newsletter

Kentucky Minister License

How to Become a Legally Ordained Minister in Kentucky:

With the American Fellowship Church the process of becoming an ordained minister / wedding officiant in Kentucky is very simple, just read below and follow the instructions.

Marriage law in the State of Kentucky:


402.050 Who may solemnize marriage -- Persons present.
(1) Marriage shall be solemnized only by:
(a) Ministers of the gospel or priests of any denomination in regular communion

(2) At least two (2) persons, in addition to the parties and the person solemnizing the
marriage, shall be present at every marriage.
Effective: July 15, 1996



“402.090 Soliciting persons to be married by particular person – Sharing remuneration - - Solicitation by minister or justice of the peace.

(1) No person shall, for compensation or reward, solicit, persuade, entice, direct or induce any persons to go before any person authorized to solemnize marriage to be married. No such person shall receive for such services any part of the remuneration paid for solemnizing the marriage.

(2) No person authorized to solemnize marriage shall pay, give to, or divide or share with any other person any sum of money or other thing obtained by him for solemnizing marriage.

(3) No person authorized to solemnize marriage shall solicit, persuade, entice, direct or induce any persons to come before him to be married.”...


1. By becoming an ordained minister with the American Fellowship Church you are a "licensed / ordained minister who is authorized by a religious denomination", in accord with our rules and customs we authorize you (once ordained & in good standing with our church) to solemnize marriages and/or officiate at marriage ceremonies.

2. In order to remain in good standing with the American Fellowship Church you must hold an unexpired minster license ID card, and be in "regular communion."
Our definition of regular communion; You must contact us at least 1 time per year, and if any of your contact information should change (your name, physical address, or email) you must notify us within two weeks of the change.

3. In order to become ordained you will need to order an ID Card (minister license). We offer ordination for three different terms:

Minister-License-1-year-Front-ID__18689_thumb.jpg Minister-License-1-year-Front-ID__18689_thumb.jpg Minister-License-1-year-Front-ID__18689_thumb.jpg
 1 Year  5 Year  Lifetime

4. Finally to qualify for ordination with the American Fellowship Church in the state of Kentucky you must agree to the Certification, and our Code of Ethics.

While training is not required in order to become ordained with the American Fellowship Church, we do urge our members to learn more about being an ordained minister, therefore we offer a number of online courses that are self paced and written in plain English. If you are interested in training please see "Online Minister Training"

*The information provided on this page is for guidance only it is NOT legal advice.

We currently have many ordained ministers in the state of Kentucky.

It is critically important that you verify all information with your local marriage license office / county clerk before conducting a wedding ceremony. It is your responsibility to operate within the bounds of the law.