Loading... Please wait...

Our Newsletter

Nevada Minister License

How to Become a Legally Ordained Minister in Nevada:

With the American Fellowship Church the process of becoming an ordained minister in Nevada is do-able, however it takes a bit of time...  Read below to determine if you can obtain state approval and follow the instructions.

If you reside in Nevada you must have an actual physical congregation in order to perform marriages.

If you are not a resident of Nevada you may apply for a temporary permit to perform a wedding. Please contact us  at least 6 weeks in advance of the wedding date f
or further instruction. 

Marriage law in the State of Nevada:

“Any licensed or ordained minister in good standing within his denomination, whose denomination, governing body and church, or any of them, are incorporated or organized or established in this state, may join together as husband and wife persons who present a marriage license obtained from any county clerk of the State, if the minister first obtains a certificate of permission to perform marriages as provided in this section and NRS 122.064 to 122.073, inclusive...” “A county clerk may authorize a licensed or ordained minister whose congregation is in another state to perform marriages in the county. A separate authorization is required for each marriage performed. Such a minister may perform not more than five marriages in this state in any calendar year.”


Note:(as a Nevada resident) In order to obtain approval to solemnize, you must minister to an active congregation.There are several forms that must be completed by the minister and by us. Allow at least 6 weeks and understand that you may or may not be approved. See: http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/clerk/Services/Pages/MinisterLicenses.aspx for information on the process in Las Vegas.

 1. In order to remain in good standing with the American Fellowship Church you must hold an unexpired minster license ID card, and be in "regular communion."
Our definition of regular communion; You must contact us at least 1 time per year, and if any of your contact information should change (your name, physical address, or email) you must notify us within two weeks of the change.

2. In order to become ordained you will need to order an ID Card (minister license). We offer ordination for three different terms:

Minister-License-1-year-Front-ID__18689_thumb.jpg Minister-License-1-year-Front-ID__18689_thumb.jpg Minister-License-1-year-Front-ID__18689_thumb.jpg
 1 Year  5 Year  Lifetime

3. Finally to qualify for ordination with the American Fellowship Church in the state of Nevada you must agree to the Certification, and our Code of Ethics.

While training is not required in order to become ordained with the American Fellowship Church, we do urge our members to learn more about being an ordained minister, therefore we offer a number of online courses that are self paced and written in plain English. If you are interested in training please see "Online Minister Training"

*The information provided on this page is for guidance only it is NOT legal advice.

We currently have many ordained ministers in the state of Nevada.

It is critically important that you verify all information with your local marriage license office / county clerk before conducting a wedding ceremony. It is your responsibility to operate within the bounds of the law.